If you are part of the DME or Durable Medical Equipment industry, you certainly understand the importance of efficient billing so you may run the business smoothly. DME billing software should ensure everything related to billing and compliance processes occurs in an automated manner so the operator can grow revenue without expanding EBIDTA.
Some of the most commonly asked questions in this regard are – what does a DME software do? Do you need software for your business? And so on.
This post will talk about everything you need to know about DME billing software, along with the reasons that make them a must-have for every business.
Let us start.
Everything You Need To Know About DME Billing Software
As the name suggests, DME billing software is a software designed to help you streamline your billing processes so that you can carry out everything with minimum fuss. Here’s how it helps you achieve the same:
One of the first things an operator should be looking for is a software that automates redundant processes. Typical processes that require automation for a streamlined operation include:
- Recurring claims – you need to create the first rental claim on your own, and the remaining are created automatically in the software according to the fee schedule associated with each item on the claim, err go., 13 month rental with specific pricing and modifiers at each month. Even if there are changes in the schedule or claim, they will be captured and cascaded into future claims so you remain in ultimate control of everything.
- Stop rentals – as soon as your equipment is picked up from the patient’s location, the software stops the rental automatically.
- Claim submissions – recurring claims are automatically transferred to the clearinghouse, so you don’t have to worry about manually finding, batching and sending claims each month.
- Refill prescriptions – making it easier for your staff to manage refills for patients, the software automatically creates prescription orders and avoids all the confusion. When the patient is due for refills, this software automatically creates a claim without manual data entry.
Advanced DME billing software like BFLOW(R) come with workflow automation features, which help you:
- Reduced backlogs – you can divide the claims submission process into steps, and every time one step is completed the status gets automatically updated. For instance, you can create steps like missing documentation, pending eligibility checks, rejection, and back-ordered equipment.
- Fewer distractions – since everything is automated, your staff can focus on other tasks such as client phone calls, handling walk-in customers, meetings, and more, without any distraction, thereby reducing the chances of steps in the billing process being missed or overlooked.
- Clear, step-by-step process – the best part of software like BFLOW(R) is that the entire claims process is stepped out and divided into stages to help you track and quickly identify backlogs. Your staff can easily keep an eye on every step in the claim process and easily figure out if something was missed and prevent submission of the claim.
Successful businesses thrive on accountable teams. And DME billing software helps you achieve this. Here’s how:
- Record every action – whenever a step in the process is completed by someone in the team, the software records actions such as their username, date, time, and task completed. Therefore, you always have a clear picture of who completed which task and when.
- Reward efficient performers – moving on from the era of finger-pointing, you can easily measure the performance of team members who did exceptionally well at every step of the process. Using this information, you can focus on rewarding people instead of worrying about the blame game.
- Build better teams – accountability is the hallmark of great teams, leading to better business performance. You can expect to achieve all of this with the help of DME billing software, like BFLOW(R).
Most important of all, you can expect your business to grow and flourish once you start using DME billing software designed to help boost revenue:
- Integrations – advanced DME billing software like BFLOW(R) integrates with the latest payment getaways to ensure you don’t have to worry about payment processing.
- Focused workforce – when your workforce is focused on doing actual work rather than being distracted, you can expect to see a thriving business. After all, a focused workforce is the best thing for a business.
- Streamlined processes – DME billing software helps you build streamlined processes by automating all the menial, repetitive tasks. When everything is clear and transparent, and your people are working without distractions, you can be certain of having better business processes, all while following DME billing guidelines.
Everything at Your Fingertips
We live in a world where we have become habitual of having everything at our fingertips. That’s exactly what DME billing software can do for your teams. Modern software options come with mobile apps, so you can continue to work wherever you are and stay in ultimate control of everything.
Take Your DME Business To The Next Level!
As you can see DME billing software can help you streamline almost every aspect of business, and at the same time give your employees more reasons to be happy and productive. Therefore, choosing one can prove to be the best decision you will ever make.
And, when it comes to choosing the best DME billing software it is always a great idea to pick the best of the lot, software like BFLOW(R).
Book your free demo, to take a look at every aspect of the software and see how you can use it for boosting your business growth.
So, what are you waiting for? Get connected with our experts and see what you can get!